Saturday, February 5, 2011

My NetFlix DVD Rentals


My most recent DVD rental has been snowed-in in my post office box (the one on the end of Juan Tomas Rd. not INSIDE the post office. Duh.)

I am going to watch it now. I might write about it here, or not.

It's an Inspector Lynley Mystery (a PBS movie) only one and a half hours long.

It's one in which---guess---wait for it--Matthew Goode plays the Inspector's brother. I hope he's on more than two or three scenes. Heck, I suspect he might be the suspect.)

As you all know, or maybe didn't know me then, I was madly in love with Gerry Butler a few years ago. I realize he was just a movie star. I think I was hypnotized by all that singing in Phantom of the Opera. It was a few of the scenes where they were singing, "The Phantom of the Opera is now within your mind." Uh, ye-ah.

Quite a few middle aged (and heck, old) women fell for Gerry at that time. We used to discuss him on a fan yahoo group. It couldn't have been his handsome good looks, because he isn't really all that good-looking unless the role calls for him to be--wonders with make-up and costumes--but it was his sex appeal.

The one scene I loved in Phantom was him walking slowly down the stairs at the masquerade in that red suit and black mask. And oh, those tight black leather gloves.

So, my point is(I got side-tracked talking about Gerry for a minute) I fell out of love with Gerry and was thrashing around for someone else to love, especially in movieland, and came up with Declan in Leap Year played by Matthew Goode, the young British actor.

The big thing I noticed right off, is that Matthew Goode is an ACTOR not a movie star.

So wish me luck with Inspector Lynley tonight and seeing my sweetie Matthew Goode. (I can call him that because I'm old enough to be his mother. (Matthew's mother not Inspector Lynley's -- but maybe his too.

Good night. (PS--I also loved the scene in Dracula 2000 when Gerry Bulter is walking through the music store with his curly long hair and his long coat and that alpha male strut. Ummm.)

No comments: