Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Movie and Book Opinions Today

I haven't watched any new or used movies lately. So no reviews. Reading the same book--not finished yet. So no book reviews either. Sorry.

When I order a DVD to watch from NetFlix (mostly all of Matthew Goode's movies) I love them (except Chasing Liberty [yuck].) After I mail them back I miss them (him.) I want to watch it again. And again. It's a dilemma because I also want to mail them back as fast as I can so I can receive the next rental.

I like Matthew Goode because he's a real actor not just a movie star. He's so different in each role, it's mystifying. He tosses himself out and becomes the character. (You have to see it to believe it.) (In fact, he's such a good actor that if I were in a relationship with him, I'd NEVER believe a word he said.)

My first experience of him was in the romantic comedy Leap Year. After seeing that I assumed he was a bearded Irishman with curly black hair off screen too. But when I saw his internet interviews I was flabbergasted. He's nothing like his character in Leap Year. In fact, I still can't believe it's the same guy.

To make a long story short (no wait, I can't make a story short to save my life) I have a habit of buying a movie after I rent it, see it on TV or in the theater. (Fortunately my kids buy every new movie ever made so I can watch movies all day and night if I want to.)

I have graduated from watching Leap Year (about 50 to 100 times.) Then I saw Imagine Me and You. Then I bought it. I don't think I'll watch it 50 to 100 times, but, heck, why not? (I watch it for Matthew, not for the girls, by the way, in case you wondered. LOL)

Another movie I just love = Julie and Julia. I watched that a few times, and a few more times. Now I put it on to help me fall asleep at night. If I fall asleep during a movie that I've seen a zillion times, I don't worry about missing anything. I know what's going to happen and I can drift off. I guess I turn off the DVD player and the TV in my sleep, because it's off when I get up in the morning.

I do prefer falling asleep with movies that have no suspense, violence or gore. Maybe not even sexuality since it makes me too aware that I'm sleeping in a single bed alone now. (My husband died in 2009. He was a sexy little devil.)

I used to read myself to sleep. I read to escape into an alternate reality and therefore avoid this one--20th and now 21st century Earth. But that doesn't seem to work anymore. I find myself reading and reading and not sleeping. I get more into the book and unable to stop.

It's either absorption to the point of insomnia, or finding that the words just go in one eye and out the other with no comprehension whatsoever. (Is that adult on-set ADD?) Reading that way doesn't help me at all to stop thinking too much. I think about bad stuff like old age, the economy, the weather, sugary food...

So, if anyone can recommend any other movies to rent, let me know, so I can do more reviews in between Matthew Goode's movies. (I don't want to bore those of you who have no idea who he is.)

I am reading my way through my Agatha Christie library, if you recall.

In addition, I donated about 500 books out of my huge collection. (Still have too many.) So no book recommendations, please. I am a recovering bookaholic. I can't slip and go into the book store for anything more than coffee and a Danish.

Toddle-ooo for now. And thanks for reading me.

Oh, if you see Matthew Goode, please kiss him for me.

No comments: