Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Buried


Click on word Buried above to see IMDb website

I can see now I have to add why I like a movie and and give illustrations (not pictures but examples.)

I didn't watch Buried. I rented it from NexFlix at the request of my daughter-in-law Rachel. She likes Ryan Reynolds.

Here's the IMDb blurb for this 2010 movie which was billed as "brilliantly twisted suspense."

Paul is a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.

Billed as Director: Rodrigo Cortés, Writer: Chris Sparling
Stars: Ryan Reynolds, José Luis García Pérez and Robert Paterson

Why I didn't watch it: I feel the same way about watching movies under ground as I feel about movies under water. Suffocated. I hold my breath. (Makes it hard to eat popcorn.)

Also, I can't stand those "race against time" movies.

I can't give you any tips on the acting. But if the subject matter of the movie is horrible, who cares how good or bad the acting is? Do you ever see a horror movie, for instance, for the acting? Right. You just want to be scared out of your head. No thanks, not me.

Buried might rival the movie I accidentally watched about the couple floating around in the ocean. It was just the two of them (deserted on a pleasure boat tour.) They talked and then disappeared one at a time. Besides being painfully suspenseful, it was boring.

If you want to watch Buried, fine, but be prepared.

No comments: