Friday, January 21, 2011

Watchmen

Click title to see IMDb movie info


Oh man. I put Watchmen on my NetFlix queue and then moved it to the end of the list. But tonight I stumbled across it on MAX tonight. Missed the first 40 minutes so I am going to have to watch it again.

All I can say is this is a totally awesome. It's funny though gory. The retired superheros came out of retirement to track down the guy that was killing them off. There were flashback to things that happened when they were superheros in action.

Matthew Goode, again, is unrecognizable, hidden in his character. Blond with an American accent (sort of.) The other actors were unrecognizable, too. The girl in the movie (Malin Akerman) looked so much like Lucy Lawless (who played Xena, Warrior Princess.) Some of the puns, funny dialog, visual jokes are really funny.

One sticks out in my mind. One character asks, "What ever happened to the American Dream?" The other answers, "It came true."

Other tongue-in-cheek humor--the leader of the criminals in prison is a little person, and the Comedian wears a smiley face button (while he was shooting people.)

This movie is not for everyone. Especially not for children. Or squeamish sissies.

But it's a good movie. I say rent it if you like this genre.

Below: Malin Akerman and Matthew Goode (click to enlarge)



No comments: