Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DVD & VHS movies at the Library

The Rio Grande Library system has movies to "rent" for free. They are donated, so if you have some movies you don't want anymore, drop them off at the library.

I go to the Tijeras Branch of the Bernalillo County Rio Grande Library System.

I redcently watched:

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

Really really good. Amy Adams was adorable. Frances Dormand was wonderful. It's a chick flick but especially for everyone of all ages.

Also:

An Unmarried Woman

Wow. Jill Clayburg was in great shape back then. What ever happened to her? Don't see her in movies now. It was good to watch because I am single now that I am a widow. But I'm a little bit older than she was. It was a good movie.

Of course, I've seen some movies at the theater. Avatar in 3D twice. Loved it.

And Shutter Island with Leo. He's one of my favorites along with Johnny Depp and Gerard Butler. Leo D. sure did a lot of frowning in that movie. I liked it a lot because it kept me guessing. As a writer I love to watch a screenplay that is new and different and keeps me guessing. It's a good movie when I can't guess what's coming next and don't guess the ending. WQrth watching. It's a suspense/thriller and detective mystery (maybe) not a horror movie like the trailers on TV seemed to present.

I watched a movie I'd seen before. I always enjoy watching Gerry Butler in anything. I could watch him just standing on the stage smiling.

Movies: Our modern mythology where we learn about the secret meanings of life.

No comments: