Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rent

I had a chance to go see RENT on the stage at Popejoy Hall (UNM.) There were times when we could afford season tickets...many of the productions are just music or just dance. Some are dramas--for instance Phantom of the Opera which I have seen on stage twice.

I didn't have a clue what the movie Rent was about so when my husband brought it home, I joined him in watching it on a rental DVD.

It was very moving. The acting and songs were very positive and uplifting.

And the movie was very very sad.

It was a movie that you want to call up the author and director and tell them "Thanks."

I burst into tears when it was over and placed a call to a gay relative to see if she had seen it. Yes, she saw it on Broadway.

So, watch it if you want a more deep almost spiritual awakening from this movie.

Sandy Schairer, DVD Critic

No comments: