Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dark Knight

I must admit I am not a fan of Batman or any of those other cartoon fantasies, although Robert Downey Jr and Iron Man were very was a good movie regardless.

My grandson loves Spiderman but I am hoping that his mommy and daddy will NOT take him to Dark Knight.

I must also admit that I wanted to see it solely for Heath Ledger's performance. After all, it was probably his best acting and as a matter of fact, he won a posthumous scar for it. Seeing throw his heart into the villain was heartbreaking when you consider his death due to overdose of medications didn't have to happen. Very tragic when we lose a young person.

Anyway, the whole movie was dark (not enough light on the set--that kind of dark.) Much of it was gory and disgustingly violent. And I basically had trouble figuring out what was going on--mostly because of the title. Did Batman want the world to think he was The Dark Knight? And if so, why?

I think the average adult would do well to skip this one. It could be handled by mature teens, but not the psycho portion of our population.

See Iron Man instead.

Sandy Schairer, DVD Critique

No comments: