Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sweeney Todd


What was THAT!?!

A dark comedy? Goofy. Gross. Couldn't understand most of the dialog/singing or half the storyline.

And Johnny Depp nominated for best actor??? (Heck he was my favorite actor from the time of Edward Sissorshands...until I flipped for Phantom=Gerry Butler.)

We had a good laugh when Sweeney was over and laughed all the way to the car. I told my honey, as awful as that movie was, Depp will probably win the Academy award for it. That's just like Hollywood. Another group of young men leaving (heck there were at least 20 people in the theater -- it opened more than a month ago) were also quite amused when it ended...one guy sarcastically said in a little kid voice: "Hey, let's go watch it again...." NOT.

What do I know? The girl selling the tickets said she loved the movie. A friend in the popcorn line said she hated the movie. I'm still neutral. I think it has to do with age. The older you get the ickier ICK becomes. I admit I had to cover my eyes when I got the parts that made me go EWW.

Like I said, what do I know? I go to the movies for the [overpriced] popcorn. YUM.

Sandy the movie critic

No comments: