Thursday, January 31, 2008

PS I LOVE YOU


PS I Loved it. I saw it twice...first time the same day it opened and took me 3 hours to drive home in the snow and ice storm...30 miles...we were going 4 miles an hour through the canyon...fun fun.

But Hillary Swank was fabulous, of course, she aways is. She was in every scene and stole the show. The other girls were good, too. I love the costumes.

2nd time I saw I took my honey. He said he liked it, it was good. it I loved the movie even more the second time. Butler can do that to me. (Yes, my honey knows about my mad crush on Butler. Heck, I'm old enough to be Gerbear's mother, duh.)

I was thrilled that Gerry Butler sang...we want more of his delicious deep sexy voice.

True the movie was a corny romantic comedy...but it had its serious side. I laughed and cried. What more could you want from a movie. Two beautiful young people doing what they love best...acting.

The guy at the end of the movie with the dimples that the girl meets in Ireland? He was cute, looks a little bit like Gerry. But Gerard Butler (actually pronounced correctly in the trailer--Jerod) can act circles around any one of those men. And they were all good, especially Harry Connet Jr.

Kathy Bates was superb as the mother. I've never seen a bad performance from her, even naked in the hot tub with

The only shortcoming of the movie was the outdoor scene depicting the day the couple met--more than 10 years before the time of the movie...they didn't even try to make the actors look younger. Swank acted a little younger with her voice and mannerisms, and let's face it, she's young and doesn't have to fake it even tho she was supposed to be about 18 or 19 then. But Bulter's face looked all craggy and wrinkled...tsk tsk for smoking all those years-- it ready does cause wrinkles--and he looked fantastically young in the other flashbacks filmed indoors.

What can I say? I would stand in line and pay a fortune to watch Gerard Butler just stand in the middle of blank stage -- quiet doing nothin'. I love the boy.

Thanks for a great romantic comedy. KEEP 'EM COMING.

Thank you, Hillary too, for bringing Gerry into the American Hollywood spotlight. Maybe someone will remember him now...if 300 and Phantom of the Opera obviously didn't make him a household name maybe this one will.

HOLLYWOOD: Put him in more movies!!!! PLEASE.

Gerry, thanks for being you. Best of everything to you. I understand you are filming in Albuquerque and quit smoking. GREAT. That makes me and all the rest of your fanatic fans happy. I live near Albuquerque. Would I like to meet you in dark elevator...

Watch the movie. It's a "feel-good" movie. Really. See it.

PS I Love Y'All.

Sandy the movie critique (I went for more than popcorn this time.)

No comments: