Friday, June 22, 2012

MORIARTY DEAD?

Andew Scott as Moriarty in Sherlock
Is he really dead?  I HOPE not. It would be a terrible waste of a  a great villain.

Moriarty is the most delightful villain since TNG writers created the Borg.




As Moriarty told Sherlock during their tea party, “Every fairytale needs a good villain.”

And Andrew Scott was good. I just loved his eloquent dance in the Tower getting ready to “steal” the Crown Jewels’, his creepy singsong and utterly chilling voice that goes up an octave when he’s making threats, and his innocent looking evil smile when he’s telling Sherlock just what he what he plans to do him. 

Oh, no, he didn’t tell Sherlock what he was going to do to him during tea. He said “I already told you. You weren’t listening.” Then when?

My mind keeps going back to the beginning of episode one when Moriarty, instead of blowing Sherlock up he gets right up in his face and says, “I will BURN you. I will burn the HEART out of you. Was this a death threat or a threat to break Sherlock by getting to his “heart”?

I have a novel idea that hasn’t been considered (I think.) Moriarty isn’t the big bad villain we’ve been lead to think. I think he works for Irene Adler. I think SHE’s the big bad guy. (There are more than a few clues as to this theory.)

I know that’s an absurd theory but it proves the point that in a good suspense thriller mystery NOTHING is what it seems.  (And I've changed my theories about this episode  any times as my blog readers will attest.)

It was clear Sherlock was attracted to Irene. She’s obviously someone considers as smart as he which would be the only way a woman could get to him. She let’s him know she is attracted to him, too. Was Moriarty speaking for her when he says he will burn the HEART out of him?

Irene got to him so strongly that he actually had EMOTIONS in this episode!

After all she made her living in S&M and Moriarty claimed to be an actor.

Did Sherlock fake his suicide because he wanted to go undercover, way under, to continue detecting this mystery? Or another?

Sherlock is a work of art.

Moriarty as Andrew Scott
Will Moriarty and Andrew Scott be coming back for season 3?

It won't happen. Link about Andrew Scott as Moriarty, in case you're interested:
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sherlock/21117/what-villains-can-we-expect-in-sherlock-series-3

Link to Andrew Scott as everybody else (acting career).
He won the BAFTA award for best supporting actor but he obviously stole the show at the end.

Thanks Andrew. Be seein' ya. 
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/andrew-scott-a-pinup-who-is-hard-to-pin-down-6288320.html 

No comments: