Sunday, January 30, 2011

CHASING LIBERTY--YUCK


I got the next Matthew Goode movie from Netflix yesterday.

Director: Andy Cadiff; Writers: Derek Guiley, David Schneiderman

Stars:Mandy Moore, Matthew Goode and Mark Harmon .

I got the feeling the cast were "phoning in" their parts.

This was one of Matthew Goode's earlier films (2004.)

Chasing Liberty was a terrible movie. The actors were totally unconvincing. They looked as bored as I was. The girl was still a teenager, the guy was a bit older and should have been ashamed of himself. The general premise was stupid. It was just not believable. No heart. No intelligence. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I got the feeling they were rushing through the movie. I am also sure that the only people who would like this movie are 12 year old girls. Maybe not.

Wait, the scenery was good. But probably faked. The best parts of the movie were done by stunt people. So much for that. The bungee jumping was cool. And the crowd scene was awesome. That was it for me.

I can understand what Matthew Goode meant when he said in an interview that Leap Year was just Chasing Liberty all over again. (I see that but disagree.)Many of scenes in Leap Year were repeats of scenes in Chasing Liberty . The big difference is, in Chasing Liberty , these scenes were awful. In fact the whole movie Chasing Liberty was awful.

In Leap Year the the script was well written, the acting was more than good especially Matthew Goode and Amy Adams. That movie showed a great deal more heart & sensitivity. The young people were older and took life a bit more seriously. It was a comedy but touching. Believable. (The only bad thing about Leap Year was the editing and cutting. Too bad.)

So if it snows here for four days like the weather channel predicts, I will be snowed in with Chasing Liberty instead of the next Matthew Goode movie on my Netflix queue. WAAAAAAAAAA

No comments: