Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Planet of the Apes, I think



This was a strange movie. It was very, very good as far as cinematography, acting, costumes, settings--it was wonderful. The actors playing the various types of apes were amazing!!!

However, the script was, while not terrible, rather lacking.

The movie was nothing like the original Planet of the Apes. The surprise ending everyone was expecting, myself included, was a bigger surprise than we expected because it made absolutely no sense. It was beyond confusing and didn't appear to have anything to do with the movie. It didn't solve any of the mysteries, it created an even bigger one that had no solution.

So if you enjoy action and elaborate cinematography and good acting, rent this DVD (I bought it myself -- not suspecting it is probably not a keeper.) If you are the type to want some meaning and intellectual and/or philosophical stimulation from a movie, skip this one.

I ordered the original Planet of the Apes movie....awaiting it's delivery to my PO Box now.

I have a link to Amazon on this website if you'd like a shortcut to purchasing books and DVD's.

Thanks, Sandy "Movies are our modern era's mythology."

No comments: