Saturday, February 24, 2007

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE: DON"T MISS IT

I LOVED this movie. I saw it in the theater and then rushed out to buy it as soon as it came out on DVD.

It was great, well-written, funny funny funny. Everyone was wonderful. Some are proven talents. The script was fabulous.

I sincerely hope that this movie finally gets Greg Kinnear a lot more serious attention. He's a talented man mostly just playing funny, ordinary guys. In fact, I have never seen a movie of his that I didn't love. Go, Greg!!!!

My favorite line of Greg's, the give away to the theme of the movie, "Okay, everybody, pretend to be normal."

The movie has everything, makes fun of a lot of things (in a kind, fun way,) and uses everyday occurrences as basis for humor. Genius. Superb. More. More. Please.

The movie family is from Albuquerque and since I am from near there, I had a strange craving to jump up in the theater where I saw the movie in California last summer, and shout "Albuquerque ROCKS!" when the scene gets wild and exciting and wonderful near the end.

It's a "feel good movie", not sappy but it leaves you with a delightful attitude of joy and amusement. Pleased that you have really been entertained in a genuine, honest way.

Definitely SEE this movie. You won't be sorry. The characters are "characters" -- funny funny funny... this cast made even the most outrageously impossible, unbelievable characters come alive and REAL. Magnificent.

I want it to win the BEST PICTURE at the Annual 2007 Academy Awards. But they rarely give the award to the real best picture...except that time, for one amazing, unpredictable moment when they actually noticed that American Beauty was the best picture that year, possibly one of the best movies ever made.

Go, Little Miss Sunshine!!!! Thank you, thank you. If they will Best Picture, I will "win" best picture at the same time.

Sincerely, Sandy your movie "critic" -- in this case a movie rave.

No comments: